Temporary change in Hawaiian & Pacific Collections Access and Services
Beginning February 12 and lasting until approximately February 21, the Hawaiian and Pacific Collections reading room will be closed to the public for a construction project. During this period, we will shift our public services to Hamilton Library's Government Documents Collection reading room, which is located on the basement level of the library. Our services will be slightly modified, as follows:
- We will be open to the public from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday through Friday only (excluding Monday, February 19, which is a federal holiday);
- During all open hours, a reference librarian will be available in the Government Documents reading room, along with a small selection of our normal reference collection;
- During the hours that we are open, non-rare materials from our closed stacks will be retrieved for patrons as normal, though patrons should expect wait times of up to one hour from the time they submit a paging request. Materials that are designated as library-use only may be used in the Government Documents reading room. Materials that are designated as circulating items may be picked up and checked out of the library from the Government Documents reading room;
- Materials in our rare, manuscript and archival collections will be selectively available, depending on the individual item requested;
- Materials from the Hawaii Sugar Planters Association Archives will not be available;
- Delivery of Inter-Library Loan and Intra-System Loan materials may be delayed or unavailable.